CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 30, 2009

The big 35

Today I turn 35...I don't mind the numbers but I do have to admit that this one sounds a little...old. More than anything that I am 5 years from 40! Don't get me wrong...I look forward to 40 and definitely want to turn 40...but wow!

I will have to say that I have appreciated and enjoyed this birthday more than any I can remember in many years. Maybe because of the last few weeks that we have had it makes me appreciate things more. It was a simple birthday weekend...my boys took me to TGIFridays and bought me my favorite dessert in the entire world, Vanilla Bean Cheesecake and then my mom cooked me a fantastic meal on Sunday. I had all of my important (family) people around me that day. Today was also fantastic at school. I generally try to keep my birthday a secret anywhere I work but thanks to the calendar that isn't possible anymore. Once again, I don't mind aging but I just don't care for the attention. So many wonderful ladies made me feel special today though and I honestly enjoyed it for a change. The highlight of the day though was when every third grader sang Happy Birthday to me in the cafeteria! Jacob said that I turned very red, lol, I'm sure I did but I really enjoyed it. One class of the 5th graders sang to me also but that third grade group is just special to me.

Today has been so nice I might even look forward to 36...

3 comments:

{ s R e } said...

don't feel bad, i've been there 5 years and this is the first year someone got mine on the calendar. i, like you, do not like the attention....very embarrassing.
hope you had a happy one. :)

JB, Angie and Ashlyn said...

I'm so sorry I didn't know...HAPPY BELATED birthday. I didn't realize you were a March baby, too. I hope your day was great!

Sarabox said...

Thanks Angie! I hope your birthday was great too!

 
ss_blog_claim=12e972b23254e770e9bfa87652b8f34f