CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Stress

Why does life have to be so stressful? I remember, back when I was young and foolish, I used to thrive on stress. The more things I had going on, the more productive I was...that is not the case these days.

I'm stressed about school even though I really enjoyed my class on Wednesday night and even more stressed about the praxis I took on Saturday. Then on top of all that, my dad woke up last Saturday in severe pain through his shoulder, neck and left arm. He honestly thought he was having a massive heart attack. Mom took him to the emergency room but did not tell me because this was the day of my praxis test. By the time my test was over he was home. He had not had a heart attack but they couldn't really tell what was wrong with him. On Monday, he found out he had a bulging disc in his spine and would need to see a neurologist. I took him to the neurologist this afternoon...he is still in such severe pain he can barely speak...they talked to him for 20 minutes and scheduled back surgery for him tomorrow morning! So at 7:30 tomorrow morning they will go through his neck, hoping not to hit the major artery, and fix the bones and discs that are giving him trouble. Now this sounds major to me but when I ask the doctor today how long he will be in the hospital they tell me I will take him home tomorrow afternoon! Are they crazy?? All I can say is thank goodness for snow days so that I don't have to worry about getting back to Jacob or finding a sub. Needless to say, Jacob, my little worrier is very nervous about tomorrow and has smothered his papaw with instructions for tonight and tomorrow. We will have a hard time separating the two of them tomorrow when they come to take Dad back.

2 comments:

{ s R e } said...

oh my goodness, you've had a lot going on! don't worry about the PRAXIS, it really is common sense....if you think you did okay, i'm sure you did fine.
i hope your dad is doing well. i'm guessing as i write this he's probably done with his surgery. if you need anything -- need me to bring anything out, come get jacob, i don't mind at all, just give me a call. :)

Sarabox said...

Thanks so much Summer! I appreciate your offers and good wishes. Dad is feeling pretty good...better than he has in a week. Just say a little prayer that he wakes up tomorrow still feeling good :-)

 
ss_blog_claim=12e972b23254e770e9bfa87652b8f34f